The Core speaks with SMART Technologies new President of Education Greg Estell. SMART created the world’s first interactive white board and, to this day, they are the leading provider with over 40 million users in 175 countries. Greg discusses how SMART is working to shape the future of American classrooms. Greg also opens up about some of the implementation challenges that both educators and technologists share along the way. You will hear Greg talk about his legacy in technology and what brought him to the education sector. Sit back, relax and learn about a leader and leading company in the education market
This interview is a part of a series of 11 interviews with leaders from the ISTE 2013 conference. The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) represents over 100,000 education and emerging leaders globally with the goal of advancing the effective use of technology in PK-12 and teacher education. The ISTE conference this year, which ran from June 23-26th at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, TX, was attended by over 13,000 education enthusiasts.
During the convention the Core conducted 11 eye-opening interviews in a series surrounding the innovations sweeping education.
Dr. Berger’s formidable group of guests include:
· Jose Ferreira, CEO of Knewton
· Pat Wasley, CEO of Teaching Channel
· Greg Estell, President of Education at SMART Technologies
· Andy Frost, V.P. of Product Management at Edmentum
· Buzz Waterhouse, CEO of McGraw-Hill Education
· Abigail Fern, Marketing Director for LEGO Education
· Lory Pilchik, C.M.O. for Teachscape
· John Harrington, CEO of Funds for Learning
· Leah Osterman, Executive V.P. of Marketing and Business Development for StudySync
· Nick Smith, Marketing Manager for Learning.com
· Dave Gladney, LRMI Project Manager at the Association of Education Publishers